As we celebrate Labor Day weekend the saying “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail” is more relevant then ever. A weekend of drinking, eating, drinking, and then eating some more can wreak havoc on one’s fitness goals. By no means am I saying this is a bad thing and we all need to let off steam and celebrate as part of who we are as humans especially in these times of craziness. I am saying that maybe having a plan going into the weekend would be beneficial regarding diet and exercise. Going in blind can cause some serious weight gain and loss of inertia with our workouts.
Here are a few recommendations on planning:
· Get the most of your workouts starting today through Friday – NO BREAKS & Increase duration & intensity
· Reduce total caloric intake today, tomorrow, and Friday knowing you will be eating and drinking in excess
· Eat good well-balanced meals prior to your barbecues so that you are not so hungry by the time you eat the “party” food
· Think of less calorie filled drinks such as lower calorie beers, vodka’s/tequilas with sugar free mixers or sticking with a limit on your drinks
· Take a “healthy” side/main dish to the barbecue and fill up on that first
· Drink and Drink and Drink enough water
· Starting Tuesday – Get Back on the Wagon!!! No excuses
I am the first say “eat the cake” just make sure you have earned it and that it is not all you eat!
Happy Labor Day to all of you – please be safe and enjoy yourself!
Start Strong, Stay Strong and Always Be eVOLV Strong
Your Trainers – C.J. & Team eVOLV
P.S. Please share this e-mal/post with those who think can use this information all the while supporting the mission and trainers of eVOLV!!!